WELCOME!!

If you are reading this it's because you are family or a friend or someone who is suffering or has a loved one suffering from Chiari Malformation.

I hope that you can be educated and learn the strength and bravery that Kendall is showing throughout her journey...

Say a pray, give a thought, hug the ones you love....

Kendall Bug

Kendall Bug

Monday, November 16, 2009

11/16/09

Monday night.  Feels like a good night for a cry.

I should hear from the Chiari Institute either tomorrow or Wednesday about whether or not Miss Kendall is a candidate for their services or not.  So maybe I'm just a nervous wreck. 

I saw that someone had posted a response to my last post about a different procedure by a doctor in Ohio but the person didn't leave any contact info or anything so I can't ask questions.  If you happen upon this post please let me know who you are.  If you don't want to do it publicly you can email me at mckkenpey@yahoo.com.

Insurance.  Ugh. don't want to talk about it. To be continued.

Anyone know a good way to either win the lottery, know any get rich quick schemes or know how to add time to a single moms schedule for a 2nd job????  If so, please email the above address :)

So Kendall tells me this morning that everytime she coughs....her head hurts. Ugh.  Just another symptom to her condition. This poor kid.  I have noticed some pretty severe mood swings lately too.  Not sure if it has to do with the Chiari or just her age or both.  Whatever it is I wish I knew how to better deal with it.  My patience has worn so thin. I feel so bad when I yell at her. Really what good does it do anyone? 

On another note:   I really do hate hearing parents talk about how much they need time away from their kids and how their kids always drive them nuts.  Don't get me wrong, I feel that way sometimes too but ever since this all happened with Kendall it makes my skin crawl when I hear other people say it. Everyday I pray that Kendall will overcome this and live a normal life. Everyday I crave her hugs and "I love you mommy's".  I think that every parent needs to take a minute to reflect on life. Reflect on how much we can sometimes take our children for granted.  I could kick myself in the ass for always assuming that my kids were healthy and happy. 

There will never again be a day that goes by that I will not cherish every waking moment I have with my babies. Yes, they will wear me down but you know what?  I chose to bring them into my life. It is my job as a mother to love them unconditionally.  No matter what.

1 comment:

  1. hi i am the one who wrote the last post. sorry i didn't leave any contact info. my e mail is andrea131@aol.com my number is 863 701 5207 i would love to talk to you about my experiences hopefully to save kendall months of pain
    thanks
    andrea

    ReplyDelete