WELCOME!!

If you are reading this it's because you are family or a friend or someone who is suffering or has a loved one suffering from Chiari Malformation.

I hope that you can be educated and learn the strength and bravery that Kendall is showing throughout her journey...

Say a pray, give a thought, hug the ones you love....

Kendall Bug

Kendall Bug

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Travel day!!!

Here we are. Sunday morning. I spent the night at my grandma's last night to keep my brain going into maximum overdrive.  The kids were with their dad this weekend so mama had too much thinkin' time.

Updates:

Thursday at Grams:
I get a call from Aunt Vicki in NC.  She is sending me funds to help to pay for the initial surgeon visit. And her friend is pitching in to help too.  My God I am so blessed for good friends and incredible family. I love you.

Friday at work:
I get the most beautiful surprise. Many of the wonderful people of 21st Century gave me a beautiful card with some funds to help ease some of the burden I have been carrying about this sudden trip to The Chiari Institute.  Totally unexpected and totally selfless. These are some pretty amazing people and I am so grateful to have them in my life.  In addition to the funds, another very special lady made some gorgeous pink cross earrings for Kendall.  She will be so excited for her new bling!!!  Thank you all at 21st who are supporting, thinking and praying for us.  Karma will repay you.  I love you all.

Friday after work:
A most wonderful friend and I stopped at his mama dukes as she said she had something for me.  Well being extremely terrified to say no as she threatened to take my 1st, 2nd and 3rd born children if I didn't go, we went :)  She had a card that was "From a friend of a friend". I bet you can't guess what was in the card.  Thank you to this "Friend" :) I love you.

Saturday at Grams:
I received another blessing.  My Aunt Nonie gave me a card as well with more ease inside.  I love you.

Re-cap:
I have not a single word to say to anyone that could begin to express how grateful I am. Thank you is just not enough.  It never will be.  Because of all of you, Kendall will be able to see the expert and have some extras while on the trip.  Because of all of you I will be able to focus on making this trip a positive and less scary thing for her.  Because of all of you I can breathe a little.  Smile a little more.  Know that no matter how big the burden of anxiety, my shoulders will be a little lighter now.

I found this poem that not only fits but is nothing but truth:

PRECIOUS GIFT by Sherri Lawrence

When times seem too hard to bear & I l feel like giving up
I vision your beautiful face, the twinkle of your eyes and things of such
The bond we created from my womb to the day you were born
Is a mother and daughter bind that can never be torn
With the strength and guidance of God and the blessings he pours down from above
I want to be the best mom I can be to you and embrace you with all my love
You are as precious as a flower and as gorgeous as a rose
You have been specially made to the very tip of your nose
You are as sweet as honey; such an innocent young child
You are brighter than any star in the sky every time you smile
I want you to be proud of who you are and strive to be the best
Put forth your efforts to achieve your goals and let God do the rest
I will always be your mother first, but I'm also your friend
Your are the most precious gift, that I've ever been given

With All My Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment