WELCOME!!

If you are reading this it's because you are family or a friend or someone who is suffering or has a loved one suffering from Chiari Malformation.

I hope that you can be educated and learn the strength and bravery that Kendall is showing throughout her journey...

Say a pray, give a thought, hug the ones you love....

Kendall Bug

Kendall Bug

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Call.

Well today was the day of complete and total emotional overdrive. 

I got the call from the Chiari Institute confirming that Kendall is a candidate for their services.  She was recommended for appointments with both the neurologist and the neurosurgeon.

Our appointment?  Testing begins on Monday 11/23 and consults on Tuesday 11/24.  Yes, THIS coming Monday and Tuesday.  Apparently the malformation is actually 15mm and not the original 13mm as originally thought.  The words..."we are concerned with the size". Ouch.

So  now the insurance frame of mind begins.  I call and find that the neurologist visit will be covered 80/20.  The Neurosurgeon visit is the one I had spoken of before.  $550 up front. We can submit the bill/receipt to BCBS but they will cover only 80% of the allowed amount. Guess what the allowed amount is???  104.00. So that comes to about a whopping $84 that I will receive back. Ouch again.

We're going to stay at the Ronald McDonald House on Long Island which is $50 for 2 nights as opposed to the $320 for 2 nights in the cheapest hotel. Not so ouch.

When talking to Kendall about the trip she was excited and said she "can't wait for our adventure".  Bless her sweet little innocent heart.  She is truly my hero. 

I am asking for more prayers from you all.  We're going to need them.  If you aren't a big pray - er...just a thought would be great.

I will post as often as possible as more information is available.

Thanks again for reading.

2 comments:

  1. love you kori!!!! you are both in my thoughts and prayers everyday!!

    love nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i am the one who wrote the last post. sorry i didn't leave any contact info. my e mail is andrea131@aol.com my number is 863 701 5207 i would love to talk to you about my experiences hopefully to save kendall months of pain
    thanks
    andrea

    ReplyDelete